Sunday, August 3, 2014
Revision-The right tool for the task
image sourced from flickr
Using technology in class is often about the right tool for the task. Some students prefer to write on their printed copy of a draft essay using a highlighter or pen. Others may find it easier to do so
on their device and highlight sections.
Two tools to helps summarise notes:
1)Make a copy of your Google Doc. Then highlight , edit, collate, change that document. Yes,you can
use revision history, but I sometimes find that time consuming. It is my B backup, I like to know I have the original doc still sitting there. NB- this can also be useful if you are sharing a doc with others for revision comments etc.
2)Using this add-on for Google Docs. TextHelp StudySkills. This add-on allows you to highlight text in several different colours, and then collate those and then creates a new Google doc of the summary.
It is pretty cool! The link can be emailed, embedded in a doc or put on class resources
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment