Monday, July 7, 2014

A Great Night at the Races


Before the Races - Edgar Degas

What a fantastic "night at the races"  at the magically transformed CC common room. From the steward at the door, the Champagne lawn, the Fashion Stakes, the PE Dept Beer tent, the friendly bookie  and the live commentary from beside the fridge, it was a brilliant social event. I quickly scanned through the fields in my race book, hoping to pick a winner. This was difficult as I couldn't  decide between form or my usual way of betting - cute names! Congratulations  to the CR committee and CCRB for your wit in creating the fields. 
I chose to go as a stable hand and felt slightly under dressed - it was difficult to compete with the glamour on the Champagne lawn. However, there were jockeys and cloth-capped chaps to chat with while watching the rugby and eating sausage rolls from the pie warmer. What more could a Blog Queen want! 

A really great night, enjoyed by all - Well done, can't wait for the next CR committee event!


1 comment: